When the peaches are this good, you don’t need a fancy scone recipe. Just this one. I’m posting it here because I can never find mine but I can always search my blog. Bon appetit.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yoghurt (Fage), buttermilk or sour cream
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Chop butter into flour mixture.
- Whisk together yoghurt and egg until smooth.
- Stir yoghurt mixture into flour mixture and form dough into a ball.
- Place on a lightly floured surface and pat into a circle about 3/4-inch thick. Sprinkle with coarse sugar. Cut into 8 wedges; place on a cookie sheet (preferably lined with parchment paper). Bake until golden, about 15 to 17 minutes.