You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘boating’ category.
Just another day in the life:
- ___ wrote 1500 words on the book-in-progress
- ___ interviewed a chef for my next book
- ___ answered 40 e-mails, deleted around 100 unanswered
- ___ made a fleece jacket for Barkis
- ___ talked to Mom, daughter & sister on the phone
- ___ unpacked from booksigning trip last weekend, repacked for booksigning and writers’ conference this weekend.
- ___ got a royalty check for some backlist titles (thank you, Hachette)
- ___ went to the bank, went shopping (see above)
- ___ made a couple of bestseller lists with the new book
- ___ Oh, and another thing, drove the boat up onto the trailer. Why yes, that is me at the helm. What else am I going to do in all my spare time?
It is like threading a camel through the eye of a needle. Really. Except that making a mistake is a bit more expensive.
The tall ships are all over Puget Sound. A lovely one passed by our house. There’s a slide show here.
…and messing around with the mobile phone camera. Jay took this while boating yesterday. It’s titled “The Popeye-Looking Thing”:
I sent this snap to a friend to convince him to bring his family for a visit this summer. Taken from my beach:
Not sure why I thought of this but I like the thought:
One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful.
— Sigmund Freud